NuTone Introduces ULTRA – Fans Set New Revolutionary Standard for Fast Installation, Quiet Ventilation
HARTFORD, Wis., February 8, 2012 – Continuing in the tradition of best-in-class ventilation products, Broan-NuTone® today introduced 20 models of the revolutionary new line of BROAN® and NuTone® ULTRA™ Series Ventilation Fans and Fan/Lights that are the fastest, easiest, most universal installation, saving contractors time and increasing their overall profitability. Operating at less than 0.3 Sones, no fan is quieter than the ULTRA fans that are available in both single- and multi-speed models. (A NuTone model is pictured below)
"We've revolutionized the ventilation fan. The ULTRA line is an entirely new generation of fans that are perfect for both new construction and retrofit applications," says Patrick Nielsen, marketing manager, ventilation fans, Broan-NuTone. "ULTRA fans employ unique technology that makes them extremely quiet, easy to install and environmentally friendly. These features, along with smart controls and superior lighting, put ULTRA on a whole new level and make these fans an ideal solution for today's tough green building requirements."
Major benefits of the ULTRA Fans and Fan/Lights include the following:
- ULTRA Quick™ Installation Technology:Allows for the fan to be installed in minutes in retrofit applications from the room-side with ULTRA's unique telescoping mounting frame, which can close together to fit through drywall openings and then expand once above the ceiling:
- Easy-to-insert snap-in housings (no screws required) and a snap-in blower (pictured right)
- Captive screws on frame make it a breeze to position and secure
- Duct connector can mount inside-out for easy room-side connections
- ULTRA Green™ Energy-Saving DC Motor: ULTRA offers extremely energy-efficient operation – well beyond ENERGY STAR®requirements – that in both single- and multi-speed configurations meet several green industry standards:
- ULTRA Smart™ Control Technology: ULTRA maintains powerful operation over a wide range of real-world installations, often maintaining 0.1" pressure CFM ratings at well beyond 0.25".
- ULTRA Silent™ Sound Technology:ULTRA operates at an HVI certified, best-achievable less than 0.3 Sones for an extremely relaxing environment:
- State-of-the-art blower design optimally smoothes airflow
- Duct outlet designed for free-breathing, quiet operation
- DC technology virtually eliminates motor noise
- ULTRA Lucent™ Lighting Technology:To brightly illuminate rooms for most any task, ULTRA comes with two 18-watt ENERGY STAR qualified bulbs:
- Option for night-light installation (bulb not included)
- Improved efficiency means 36 watts deliver the same lumen output previously requiring 60 watts
- State-of-the-art lens formula evenly delivers wide light pattern with no hotspots
ULTRA is also offered with a radiation damper for multi-story applications. In addition to meeting tough industry performance requirements, it is also designed so that the fan can be serviced without disturbing the surrounding drywall.
Besides being nearly silent, ULTRA saves time for the contractor – installation is up to 60 percent faster in retrofits and up to 20 percent faster in new construction than comparable fans on the market. Easy installation from the room-side means not having to worry about installation conditions in the attic.
The new Broan and NuTone ULTRA Series Ventilation Fans and Fan/Lights will be available in spring 2012. For more information, visit www.BroanULTRA.com and www.NuToneULTRA.com.
NuTone® is a trademark of NuTone Inc., a subsidiary of Broan-NuTone
LLC and North America’s leading manufacturer and distributor
of residential built-in convenience products including door chimes,
central vacuum systems, paddle fans, stereo intercom systems, home
theater speakers, medicine cabinets and ventilation fans. Broan® is
a trademark of Broan-NuTone LLC, North America’s leading manufacturer
and distributor of residential ventilation products including range
hoods, ventilation fans, heater/fan/light combination units, Indoor
Air Quality (IAQ) Fresh Air Systems, built-in heaters, whole-house
fans, attic ventilators and trash compactors. Broan-NuTone is proud
to be an ENERGY STAR® partner.
For more information about the
full line of Broan-NuTone products, call 800-558-1711 (Broan), 888-336-3948
(NuTone), write Broan-NuTone, 926 W. State Street, Hartford, WI 53027
U.S.A. or visit www.Broan.com or www.NuTone.com.